The Childress Klein Center for Real Estate seeks a diverse group of students from the fields of business, architecture, engineering, urban planning, economics, geography, and other related fields. Applications are evaluated on a number of factors, including past academic performance, GRE/GMAT scores, work experience and references.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- An overall grade point average of at least 3.0 on applicant's previous work beyond high school.
- At least three evaluations from persons familiar with the applicant’s personal and professional qualifications.
- An essay describing the applicant’s experience and objectives in undertaking graduate study.
- A resume or a description of work experience. If you are a member of any local real estate industry organizations, please make sure you include these on your resume.
- A satisfactory score on the GRE or GMAT test unless approved for a GMAT or GRE Waiver
- Prerequisite courses in Financial Management and Micro & Macro Economics (these courses are offered through UNC Charlotte. Please contact Elona Ellis for more information)
For International Applicants
In addition to all of the requirements listed above, students must submit:
- An official score from one of three English proficiency tests. For the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), the minimum score is 100 (ibt). For the IELTS (International English Language Testing System), the minimum overall band score is 7.
International applicants should refer to the International Admissions website for deadlines and additional admissions information.