The Childress Klein Center for Real Estate seeks a diverse group of students from the fields of business, architecture, engineering, urban planning, economics, geography, and other related fields. Applications are evaluated on a number of factors, including past academic performance, GRE/GMAT scores, work experience and references.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- An overall grade point average of at least 3.0 on applicant's previous work beyond high school.
- At least three evaluations from persons familiar with the applicant’s personal and professional qualifications.
- An essay describing the applicant’s experience and objectives in undertaking graduate study.
- A resume or a description of work experience. If you are a member of any local real estate industry organizations, please make sure you include these on your resume.
- A satisfactory score on the GRE or GMAT test unless approved for a GMAT or GRE Waiver
- Prerequisite courses in Financial Management and Micro & Macro Economics (these courses are offered through UNC Charlotte. Please contact Sarah Jones for more information)
GMAT/GRE Waiver Process
The GMAT/GRE requirement may be waived for outstanding applicants meeting the following criteria:
- 5 years of management experience that includes significant budgetary and leadership responsibility and a 3.0 (or better) undergraduate grade-point average (GPA) from an accredited institution*
- Quantitative experience/knowledge – only candidates with significant quantitative work experience or undergraduate course work will be considered.
* AACSB accreditation for business programs; LCME or COCA for medical programs; ABA for law programs; ABET for engineering, computer science, and information systems programs; others on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for the GMAT/GRE waiver, candidates will need to submit the following items to the Master of Science in Real Estate Program:
- Copies of all college and university transcripts
- A current and complete resume or CV
- 1-2 page letter to the Director of the Master of Science in Real Estate program requesting the GMAT/GRE waiver and providing strong evidence to support the consideration of the waiver.
The GMAT/GRE waiver is not guaranteed for any applicant. Your request will be reviewed along with other application materials, and decisions are made on a case-by-case basis. Candidates will be asked to participate in an interview to discuss their reasons for the waiver and their goals for their program of study. If candidates are unable to secure the waiver, they will be required to submit a GMAT/GRE test score in their MSRE application package.
For International Applicants
In addition to all of the requirements listed above, students must submit:
- An official score from one of three English proficiency tests. For the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), the minimum score is 100 (ibt). For the IELTS (International English Language Testing System), the minimum overall band score is 7.
International applicants should refer to the International Admissions website for deadlines and additional admissions information.